How to Book Your Children’s Party at The Corner
- The Corner Coffee House, Play Area & Hall are available to hire for children’s parties on Saturdays only.
- The Play Area is for children 8-and-under.
- The Hall can be used for children up to the age of 11.
- To help keep the hire prices at a minimum, we ask that you clear up after your party.
- You have 15 minutes to set-up and 30 mins to clear-up. e.g. The 12:30–2:15pm slot: you can get in at 12:15pm and must be gone by 2.45pm.
- Deposits for party hire are non-refundable. Should The Hirer need to cancel we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equal to the letting balance if the hirer does not give at least seven days notice.
- We reserve the right, having good reason, at any time without notice to cancel a hiring or withdraw permission for the hirer to occupy any part of the hired premises on any particular date. In such event The Trustees shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the hirer other than for return of any fee or the appropriate part of any fee paid in respect of the hiring.
- Hire times include arrival and departure and Hirers and their guests will need to vacate the premises promptly leaving tables and floors free from party debris, return table and chairs to position and take all wrap and associated party decorations.
- If the hirer intends to have any activities for the parties this needs to be agreed before the booking is made. The premises is not suitable for sporting activities but in any event if an activity – planned or otherwise – causes concern for safety then we reserve the right to stop it immediately.
- All visiting entertainers or providers need to have public liability insurance and provide risk assessments
- Any electrical equipment bought onto site by anyone must be included in the risk assessment and must show current PAT testing proof such as a sticker
- Children remain the responsibility of the Hirer at all times. The Hirer needs to make sure that there is a suitable amount of responsible adults to supervise children. This is especially important in the event of an emergency should there be a need to evacuate the building.
- The hirer shall not allow any damage to be done to the hired premises or any furniture or equipment. Any damage to the premises or its contents by the hirer must be reported on the day of hire. The hirer shall make good to our satisfaction and pay for any damage (including accidental damage) caused by any act or neglect by himself, his agents or any person on the hired premises.
- Except insofar as the Unfair Contract Terms Act, 1977 (or any statutory modification or re-enactment of it) otherwise requires, we will not be responsible or liable in any way whatsoever or to any person whatsoever (and whether or not there shall be any negligence by its servants or agents) in respect of:
- any damage or loss of any property brought on to or left in the hired premises either by the hirer or by any other person;
- any loss or injury which may be incurred by or done by or happen to the hirer or any person within the hired premises during the use of the hirer;
- any loss to breakdown or machinery, failure of electrical supply, fire, flood or government restriction which may cause the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled;
- and the hirer shall be responsible for and shall indemnify us against all claims, demands, actions and costs arising from the hirer’s use of the hired premises or from any loss, damage or injury suffered by any person arising in any manner whatsoever during the use of the hired premises by the hirer.
- The hired premises shall not be used for the following:
Sale or supply of intoxicating liquor, or the holding of any public entertainment, theatrical performance, film exhibition, lottery or other similar function without our consent and such consent shall be subject to the hirer first obtaining the necessary licence or permission required under current legislation, and producing this for the scrutiny if required;
- The hired premises shall not be used for any betting, gaming or gambling.
- The hirer shall indemnify The Trustees against any infringement of copyright which may occur during the hiring.
- The right of entry to the hired premises at any time during the hiring is reserved by ‘The Corner’ staff.
- The hirer shall comply with all reasonable requirements of ‘The Corner’ staff during the hire.
- If a member of the hire party is deemed to be under the influence of drugs or exhibiting drunken behaviour or is verbally or physically aggressive, they will be asked to leave the premises by the lettings supervisor. If they refuse, the police will be involved.
- The hirer shall not sub-let the hired premises (or part of) and in the event of this condition being breached then the hiring will stand cancelled, the charges forfeited and the hirer and sub-hirer excluded from the hired premises.
- Any notice or necessary action required in respect of this hiring will be undertaken by us within 5 working days of the hire.
- Smoking anywhere on our sites or grounds is prohibited
Rooms and Time Slots
We do not provide party food & the Kitchen is not part of the party hire. However, you are welcome to bring your own pre-prepared food.
The Coffee House will be open and can sell drinks and counter snacks if needed.
We can provide free of charge:
- Plastic plates (reusable)
- Plastic cups (reusable)
We can sell you:
- Jugs of juice
- Drinks & snacks for adults
Allergy Policy: No nuts or fish on site, please.
- Decorations: Feel free to make the areas personal to your child’s party theme but please bear in mind that blue-tac, pins and tape can’t be used on any painted surfaces. The staff member can direct you.
- Bouncy Castles: You can have a Bouncy Castle in the Hall, but the supplier will need to have visited the site and submitted their risk assessment and a copy of their public liability insurance to us at least 7 days before the hire.
- Entertainers: You can also have an ‘entertainer’ in the hall but we’ll need their risk assessment and public liability insurance.
- Music: We have a sound system in the coffee house and can play music that’s on Google Play Music – alternatively please bring your own equipment.
Important Stuff to Consider
- Seating in the Coffee House and Hall is standard sized chairs and tables.
- Supervision: It is the responsibility of the named hirer to make sure that children are supervised at all times.
- The rules for The Play Area are displayed by the entrance.
- No balloons or food in the Play Area ,please.
- The Hall is suitable for any extra activities and/or party food.
- Moving Tables: You can move tables in The Coffee House but please make sure that there is always a table under a hanging light. Please do not block fire exits or walkways.
- Waste: Waste, including present wrapping paper, needs to be taken away with you when you leave.
- Smoking & Vaping: Please do not smoke or vape anywhere on The Corner premises.
How to Book
- Read the Terms & Conditions
You’ll find them in The Basics section above. You will need to agree to these when you book.
- Click here to check the calendar to see if the slot you want is available.
N.B. We take bookings 3 months in advance.
- Come in before 11am or after 2pm
Come in and speak with a member of staff at the counter between 9-11am and 2-5pm when we are less busy.
- Secure with a Deposit
A non-refundable deposit of £25 on cash or card secures the booking. Your receipt is the booking confirmation.
- Pay the balance
The hire balance is due 7-days before the party. Or, simply pay the full amount when you book.